Detailed below are the terms of the agreement between you (’The Client’) and the owners or their representative hereinafter called ’The Owner’. Please read this information carefully. The party leader (who must be over 18 years old) should sign the booking form on behalf of the entire party and this contract comes into existence on the date shown on the acknowledgement and confirmation invoice issued by us. Please note we do not send reminders and failure to pay the full cost when due could result in our treating the booking as cancelled by you.
- At no time can the number of people staying at the property exceed the maximum number allowed. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed the number of people on the booking form unless The Owner has given written permission.
- The property is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by The Owner.
- To reserve the property, The Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of non-refundable deposit – 30% of total due. Following receipt of booking form and deposit, The Owner will send a confirmation invoice, the formal acceptance of the booking.
- The balance of rent together with security deposit (Clause 6) and charge for bed linen (where applicable – see Clause 8) is payable not less than 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. If full payment is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of rent unless The Owner is able to re-let the property. Reservations made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment and security deposit at the time of booking.
- Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period should be settled with The Owner or their representatives before departure.
- A security deposit of £250 for each rental period is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit The Client’s liability to The Owner. The Owner will account to The Client for security deposit and refund balance due, normally within 3 weeks of the rental period.
- The Client agrees to pay for any breakages, losses or damage to the property and/or its contents caused or arising during the period of the letting.
- Bed linen and towels are included in the price.
- The Client is strongly advised to satisfy himself or herself they have adequate insurance for the period of letting to cover breakages, damage and losses to the property and or contents of the property.
- Subject to Clauses 3 and 4 above, in the event of cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if The Owner is able to re-let the property. Any expenses or losses incurred in doing so will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange comprehensive insurance (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s belongings, personal liability etc., since these are not covered by The Owner’s insurance.
- The rental period will begin at 4pm on the arrival date and finish at 10am on the departure date. The Owner will not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and The Clients will not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
- The Client agrees to be a reasonable tenant, to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in the rental price, The Owner reserves the right to make retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if The Client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way that would cause disturbance to residents in neighbouring properties.
- The Client shall report to The Owner or their representatives without delay any defects in the property or breakdown in equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the property or garden. Arrangements for repair or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
- Under no circumstances shall The Owner’s liability exceed the amount paid to The Owner for the rental period.
- In the event of dispute The Client and The Owner will endeavour to reach a fair and just settlement.
- The Client is advised to use the alarm that has been installed for the swimming pool. However, safety around the pool is something for which The Client is entirely responsible.
- The Owner or their representative shall not be liable to The Client:
for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property or in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the property or garden;
for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strike or other matters beyond the control of The Owner;
for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by The Client if the property shall be rendered unavailable as a result of circumstances beyond the control of The Owner.